Monday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
MAN UNITED: Jose Mourinho praised Anthony Martial’s improving work ethic at Manchester United, but insisted that the French forward must still do more following his performance against Real Madrid on Sunday.
– Henrikh Mkhitaryan says his struggle to impress Jose Mourinho at Manchester United has made him a better player.
– Andreas Pereira says he is a better player for working under Tony Adams at Granada and is more confident than ever of kicking on at Manchester United.
REAL MADRID: Zinedine Zidane said he was satisfied with his team’s first outing of the summer, despite a penalty shootout defeat to United.
– Cristiano Ronaldo is making his way through Shanghai and Beijing. Join ESPN’s Marty Smith and Jonathan Whyley as they go along for the ride.
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger believes Paris Saint-Germain have begun chasing Neymar because they know that Alexis Sanchez is not available.
– Antalyaspor have said they are in talks with Arsenal to sign Jack Wilshere but may struggle to afford the midfielder.
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp has told the Mirror he is unsure whether his Borussia Dortmund “story” would be possible now, saying: “They gave me the time to do something.”
– Jamaica goalkeeper Andre Blake hailed his team’s victory as one of the best results in the Reggae Boyz recent history and is confident his side can pull off an upset in the final against the United States.
– Sebastian Blanco scored early in the second half as Portland Timbers beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.