Monday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
REAL MADRID: Cristiano Ronaldo has been banned for five matches following his sending off and push on referee Ricardo De Burgos Bengoetxea during Real Madrid’s 3-1 Spanish Super Cup first-leg win at Barcelona.
– Ronaldo went from hero to villain in the space of two minutes as Real Madrid won the first Clasico of the season with a 3-1 victory over Barcelona at the Camp Nou.
– Barcelona have announced that they have reached an agreement with Guangzhou Evergrande for the transfer of Paulinho for €40 million.
– Real Sociedad coach Eusebio Sacristan hopes defender Inigo Martinez, linked with Barcelona, will stay at the club.
– Kylian Mbappe would be a “very significant” player for Paris Saint-Germain if he joins from Monaco, Thiago Silva has told Canal+.
– Jose Mourinho says he is “keeping his feet on the ground” despite watching his team thrash West Ham.
– Mourinho says Victor Lindelof needs time to adapt to the Premier League after omitting the £31 million signing from the Manchester United squad on the opening weekend of the Premier League season.
– Inter Milan coach Luciano Spalletti has said Manchester United target Ivan Perisic is “determined to stay.”
– Ajax have told Tottenham target Davinson Sanchez that they do not want to sell him this summer.
CHELSEA: Diego Costa has accused Chelsea of treating him like a “criminal” this summer, and revealed that he has lost all respect for Antonio Conte as a person over the Italian’s handling of the situation.
WEST HAM: Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho is close to joining West Ham United in a deal worth around £30 million, according to reports.
LIVERPOOL: Steven Gerrard believes Barcelona are putting pressure on Philippe Coutinho to force his way out of Liverpool this summer but told BT Sport that “the least he can do is give the club another year.”
– Coutinho has been left out of Liverpool’s squad for the first leg of their Champions League playoff tie against Hoffenheim on Tuesday.
JUVENTUS: Massimiliano Allegri described his Juventus players as “pushovers” after the reigning Serie A champions lost the Italian Super Cup 3-2 to Lazio thanks to a last-gasp goal at the Stadio Olimpico.
NEWCASTLE: Mike Ashley has revealed he would stand aside if a wealthier investor was interested in taking over — but does not expect to be inundated with offers.
– Twelve-year-old attacker Youssoufa Moukoko scored a brace for Borussia Dortmund’s under-17s side in their first win of the season.
MLS: Luis Silva scored with a 64th-minute strike to lift Real Salt Lake to a 1-0 victory over D.C. United on Sunday night in a match that was carried over from Saturday.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.