Thursday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
– RB Leipzig could lose midfielder Naby Keita, a target for Liverpool this year, in next summer’s transfer window.
– Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are focused on their opening Premier League fixture against Watford before thinking about the important Champions League qualifying game against Hoffenheim next Tuesday.
MAN UNITED: Jose Mourinho says the weight of expectation on Manchester United is hampering their bid to reclaim a place at the top of European football — and believes it will take two more years to get back to the top.
– Nemanja Matic is confident Manchester United will perform well in the Premier League despite their Super Cup setback against Real Madrid.
– The Glazer family will sell a further two percent of Manchester United shares worth around $72.89 million (£56.04m) on the New York Stock Exchange, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.
– Football Association chief executive Martin Glenn says he is confident that Manchester United will eventually launch a women’s team.
TOTTENHAM: Tottenham defender Danny Rose has said he would consider offers to leave the club and he has “probably only got one big contract left in me.”
REAL MADRID: Gareth Bale says he is ready to fight Kylian Mbappe for his place at Real Madrid instead of swapping the Bernabeu for Manchester United this summer.
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger has ruled Alexis Sanchez out of Arsenal’s Premier League opener with Leicester on Friday due to an abdominal strain.
NEWCASTLE: Rafa Benitez says he has spoken with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger over the possibility of signing Lucas Perez, but faces competition from the striker’s former club Deportivo La Coruna.
– Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes there will eventually be a woman in charge of a club in the Premier League.
PSG: The president of the French Football Federation (FFF) has told L’Equipe he is confident that Neymar will soon be able to make his Paris Saint-Germain debut.
CHELSEA: Antonio Conte has conceded that Nemanja Matic’s move to Manchester United is a “great loss” for Chelsea and reiterated that more signings are required for the Blues to have any hope of defending their Premier League title this season.
MEXICO: Rafael Marquez has categorically denied any connection to a drug trafficking organization after being sanctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department on Wednesday.
MLS: Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez has defended the decision of countryman Carlos Vela to join MLS’ Los Angeles FC.
– Sporting Kansas City beat the San Jose Earthquakes 5-4 on penalties on Wednesday night to reach the final of the U.S. Open Cup.
– The New England Revolution are set to acquire former Sporting Kansas City attacker Krisztian Nemeth, pending league approval, multiple sources have told ESPN FC analyst Taylor Twellman.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.