Thursday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
JUVENTUS: Juventus have confirmed that Dani Alves will be released from his current contract, further clearing the way for Manchester City to secure a deal for the former Barcelona defender.
– Juventus’ general manager Beppe Marotta says that Alex Sandro can leave this summer if he is no longer happy, and confirmed a suitable bid has been received.
– Sampdoria forward Patrik Schick arrived in Turin on Thursday morning to undergo a medical a head of a proposed move to Juventus this summer.
CONFEDERATIONS CUP: Cristiano Ronaldo remained silent on his Real Madrid future after taking no questions during a postmatch news conference following his Man of the Match award in the wake of Portugal’s 1-0 Confederations Cup victory against Russia in Moscow.
– Mexico coach Juan Carlos Osorio apologized following El Tri’s 2-1 victory over New Zealand, after TV cameras caught him shouting a foul-mouthed word in English towards the opposition bench.
– Mexico defender Carlos Salcedo will not take any further part in the Confederations Cup.
CHINESE SUPER LEAGUE: Former Chelsea midfielder Oscar has been given an eight-match ban and a fine by Chinese football authorities after he was judged to have instigated a mass brawl in Shanghai SIPG’s draw with Guangzhou R&F on Sunday.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United are considering a number of offers for Adnan Januzaj, including one from Real Sociedad, sources have told ESPN FC.
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic has offers from Italy and the United States after being released by Manchester United, according to the striker’s agent Mino Raiola.
LIVERPOOL: Roma forward Mohamed Salah will undergo a medical at Liverpool on Thursday as he closes in on a €39 million move, a source has told ESPN FC.
– Former Liverpool striker John Aldridge has told the Sunday World that Virgil van Dijk can still force a move to Anfield.
BAYERN MUNICH: Bayern Munich have threatened to go to FIFA if clubs approach Robert Lewandowski, amid speculation that Manchester United and Chelsea have held talks with the striker.
– Former Bayern Munich boss Ottmar Hitzfeld has told Sport Bild that buying Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez would make the Bundesliga champions “a better team.”
REAL MADRID: Former Real Madrid star Luis Figo believes “nobody is indispensable” in football, not even Cristiano Ronaldo.
ASTON VILLA: Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has said he will not enter into a public conversation about the possible signing of John Terry, even though they are making a determined effort to bring him to the club.
INTER MILAN: Borja Valero is expected to replace Ever Banega at Inter Milan summer with negotiations at an advanced stage for both players to move.
DORTMUND: Borussia Dortmund have said Mario Gotze is close to returning to training following the “metabolic disturbances” that have kept him on the sidelines since late February, although left-back Raphael Guerreiro could be set for a long spell on the sidelines.
BUNDESLIGA: China’s under-20 team could participate in one of Germany’s regional fourth divisions, the German FA (DFB) has said.
MLS: D.C. United rallied from a goal behind to beat Atlanta United 2-1 at RFK Stadium on Wednesday night.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.