Friday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending …
BAYERN MUNICH: Hoffenheim boss Julian Nagelsmann has played down speculation linking him with Bayern Munich following the dismissal of Carlo Ancelotti on Thursday.
– WATCH: The FC crew say Ancelotti got his tactics wrong.
– Anthony Martial has been left out of the France squad for next month’s World Cup qualifiers but Dimitri Payet and Moussa Sissoko have been called up.
– Ander Herrera is on a mission to make Paul Pogba the best in the world.
ARSENAL: Theo Walcott says he gave up the chance for a hat trick to let Olivier Giroud score his 100th Arsenal goal from the penalty spot in Thursday’s 4-2 win over BATE Borisov in the Europa League.
– Arsenal made a pre-tax profit of £44.6 million in the most recent fiscal year despite a record outlay on transfer fees and higher salary costs.
– Arsene Wenger says Jack Wilshere showed he’s getting back to his best with his performance against BATE Borisov on Thursday.
PSG: Neymar has played down his recent disagreement with Paris Saint-Germain teammate Edinson Cavani, blaming the media for inventing stories and speaking “about things that they have no clue about.”
– Hatem Ben Arfa’s lawyer has made contact with Ligue 1’s Committee on Legal Affairs after learning that the Paris Saint-Germain attacker has been once again asked to train with the reserve team.
JUVENTUS: Miralem Pjanic is expected to miss Juventus’ games against Atalanta and Lazio after straining his quadriceps prior to the Bianconeri‘s 2-0 win over Olympiakos on Wednesday.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.