Monday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
CHELSEA: Chelsea are waiting to discover if Eden Hazard will be fit for the start of next season after he fractured his right ankle.
– Hazard has not ruled out a possible summer move away from Chelsea by admitting he would consider an offer from Real Madrid.
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid celebrated their record 12th European Cup with thousands of fans on Sunday, after returning to the Spanish capital after beating Juventus 4-1 in the Champions League final in Cardiff, Wales.
– Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says coach Zinedine Zidane will decide on the future of James Rodriguez, while adding that he does not know where Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea will be playing next season.
JUVENTUS: Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon says he retains hope of lifting the Champions League after losing his third final on Saturday.
– The number of people injured when panic swept through a crowd of Juventus fans watching the Champions League final in a Turin piazza has now been confirmed to be over 1,500.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick paid tribute to the Old Trafford crowd for supporting his testimonial on Sunday.
– Anthony Martial’s agent has said the forward has “no reason” to leave Manchester United despite finding himself on the fringes of the first team last season.
– Arsenal forward Yaya Sanogo has indicated that he will leave the club when his contract expires in the summer, saying “the adventure is coming to an end.”
– Olivier Giroud has dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from Arsenal and targeted winning the Premier League title with the club.
– Newcastle United do not plan to make a move for Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs, sources close to the newly-promoted club have told ESPN FC.
– Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams recommended Eric Dier to his old club only to be told the midfielder was too “one-paced,” he has told The Times.
MAN CITY: Australia’s latest sensation, Aaron Mooy, says he has no idea what his club future holds. Mooy is in demand after a stellar season for English Championship outfit Huddersfield Town while on loan from Premier League giants Manchester City.
– Jurgen Klopp says he is “really optimistic” for Liverpool’s future, listing the players the club will be able to recruit in the transfer market as one reason for his confidence.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.