The winter transfer window is closed, but now it’s time to look ahead to the summer! Here are the new rumours floating around Europe’s big leagues and beyond.
Madrid ready big money move for Mane
The paper reports that the Mane’s representatives have been made aware of the Spanish club’s interest. However, the pricetag would be a huge hurdle for Madrid — a fee that apparent reachees th region of £130-140 million.
Mane, 27, has scored 14 goals in the Premier League this season. The La Liga side is confident that they could prise the player from Merseyside and give him a new challenge.
Newcastle offer United’s Jones new path
It hasn’t been the easiest season for Phil Jones — but now Newcastle United are offering the Manchester United centre-back a route out of Old Trafford.
That’s according the Sunday Mirror, which tonight reports that Steve Bruce is ready to shell out £12m for the versatile United centre-back. The United man has fallen down the United pecking order this season and is now widely-seen as a fourth choice behind regular defenders Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly. And there’s little sign of that changing, regardless of the bizarre circumstances players and clubs are now existing in.
Steve Bruce is now reportedly keen to snap up a player that Manchester United signed for a huge £16m from Blackburn back in 2011 And although Jones signed a new contract just 12 months ago — tying him to United until 2023, it’s understood that the club would be willing to listen to offers for a player who appears to have little future at Old Trafford.
Belligham spoilt for choice
The future of Birmingham’s Jude Bellingham has been the subject of widespread conjecture since he made his Blues debut against Portsmouth in the League Cup back in August. And now it seems that the precocious teenager has the choice of playing for Manchester United, Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich by the time next season rolls around.
So says the Sunday Mirror, which reports that the St Andrews hierachy are willing to cash in on the Brum teenage sensation. The same paper reported that Borussia Dortmund were keen on snapping him up 12 months ago, although a £12.5m bid from United make them among the favourites to seal his signature.
Sources had told ESPN that Bellingham and his family were shown around United’s training base earlier this week, with Sir Alex Ferguson also believed to have been at the forefront of his tour around Carrington.
– The Sunday Mirror reports that Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti is set to step up his summer transfer activity by making Brazilian defender Gabriel his first signing of the summer. The report states that the centre-half, who is rated at £30m by his current club Lille, will be heading to Merseyside as Ancelotti looks to build a side capable of competing for major honours. The 22-year-old defender began his career at Dynamo Zagreb before shining for the French side.
– Xherdan Shaqiri, Adam Lallana, Nathaniel Clyne and Dejan Lovren could all be leaving Liverpool this summer, according to the Liverpool Echo, with the club seeking to make space in the squad and the wage bill for potential incomings.