Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has hit out at a report in Bild which claimed that striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set to leave for China in January.
Earlier this month, Dortmund said they were no longer open to the possibility of selling Aubameyang, who has been linked with AC Milan and Chelsea, this summer.
On Friday, Bild said the Gabon international was set to leave in January and join Chinese Super League club Tianjin Quanjian for €70 million.
But Zorc told kicker: “That’s completely unfounded. It’s only misleading for the fans.
“There are no talks. There are no negotiations, and there’s not even indication of it. It puzzles me.”
Zorc also ruled out the possibility that defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos could move, saying: “We are clearly planning with Papa. We don’t want to give away players of his quality.”
Stephan Uersfeld is the Germany correspondent for ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter @uersfeld.