The transfer window is open, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow along with our daily blog throughout the summer.
TOP STORY: Man City and United scrap for Mbappe
Manchester City and Manchester United are set to renew their rivalry in the transfer market as they go head to head to sign Kylian Mbappe. The 19-year-old is due to complete a £166 million permanent move to Paris Saint-Germain after spending the last year on loan at the Parc des Princes, but Financial Fair Play sanctions could scupper the deal.
With PSG facing a potential fine and exclusion from the Champions League, the door has opened for City and United to sneak in and tie up a transfer with Monaco. Pep Guardiola is known to be a huge fan of the teenager, while the Mirror says United would throw in Anthony Martial if it helped to secure Mbappe’s signature.
Meanwhile, the Sun says United have lined up Roma’s Lorenzo Pellegrini as an alternative to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, whose £88m price tag has forced Jose Mourinho to look elsewhere for midfield reinforcements.
19:30 BST: Another update on teenage Chelsea defender Jonathan Panzo — he is definitely on his way to Monaco after the clubs agreed a fee, the Mirror reports. It says the 17-year-old is due in in the principality tomorrow, with an initial fee of around £1.5 million having been agreed.
18:30 BST — DONE DEAL: Sunderland have signed Scottish international goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin, a free agent after leaving Hearts.
18:15 BST: Southampton defender Matt Targett played a big role in Fulham’s promotion to the Premier League on loan from Southampton, but reports say the Saints have turned down a £10 million bid to make that move permanent.
18:00 BST: Championship news now — Millwall have made a club-record bid for Wolves winger Ben Marshall, according to Sky Sports, which says the Lions are ready to pay more than £1.25 million after Marshall shone on loan for them last season.
17:35 BST: New deals for two of Championship side Wigan’s players — defender Alex Bruce and midfielder Gary Roberts have put pen to paper on one-year extensions.
17:15 BST: The Mail reports that Radja Nainggolan is having a medical with Inter Milan as he prepares to join them from Roma in a deal “expected to be worth £21 million.”
16:52 BST: Napoli have turned to Alex Meret in their attempts to replace Pepe Reina, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. However, Udinese are asking for €35million with Napoli currently only willing to offer €30m .
16:43 BST: Bournemouth confirm Max Gradel has completed a permanent move to Ligue 1 side Toulouse
16:34 BST: The Sun are reporting that Sam Byram will join Nottingham Forest on loan after being warned by new manager Manuel Pellegrini he would be a fringe player if he stays with the club.
16:23 BST: Wayne Rooney’s move to DC United is moving a step closer, according to the BBC. The former England captain’s spokesman Ian Monk said: “Talks are progressing.”
16:12 BST: Napoli players Raul Albiol and Jose Callejon have not been in contact with other clubs, according to their agent. Manuel Garcia Quillon told local station Radio Kiss Kiss: “Their release clauses expire on June 30. However, I can deny having any contact with Chelsea, Villarreal, Valencia and Milan for them.”
16:08 BST: More from Gianluca Di Marzio, who claims that Juventus’ deal for Joao Cancelo will be made official in the coming days. Cancelo, who spent last season on loan at Inter Milan, is due to undergo a medical on Wednesday.
15:58 BST: Chelsea youngster Jonathan Panzo could be close to joining Monaco, with negotiations finally drawing to a close, according to Goal.
15: 52 BST: Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas insists Nabil Fekir could yet extend his contract with the Ligue 1 club. The World Cup star is a target for Liverpool, but Aulas told Le Parisien they do not have to let anyone go.
15: 42 BST Sport claim Valencia and Barcelona have held preliminary talks about the potential return of Andre Gomes to the Mestalla. However, the Catalans want to recoup at least €30million for his services with Valencia hoping to bring him back on loan.
15: 33 BST: Adrien Rabiot is yet to reply to an offer to renew his contract at Paris Saint-Germain as the France midfielder would like to make a move to Barcelona, according to Mundo Deportivo . He is under contract until 2019 and would be ready to wait until then to become a free-agent if PSG don’t accept to negotiate his departure this summer.
15:22 BST: One of the summer transfer window’s biggest deals is edging closer. Radja Nainggolan has now completed his medical ahead of a move from Roma to Inter Milan.
15:17 BST: Everton are one of a number of Premier League sides tracking Red Bull Salzubrg teenager Hannes Wolf, according to The Mirror
15: 08 BST: Yerry Mina has responded to reports Barcelona are looking to sell him by reaffirming his desire to stay. He told EFE: “For me, Barcelona are the best team in the world. I don’t want to leave and I never have. I like the city, the people the players…everything!”
15.01 BST: Espanyol are close to signing Borja Iglesias, according to reports in Spain. The Celta de Vigo striker scored 22 goals last season on loan at Zaragoza.
14:55 BST: Meanwhile, Gianluca Di Marzio reports West Ham’s pursuit of Felipe Anderson has come to a standstill with the Hammers still €5million short of Lazio’s asking price. The Serie A side want a straight €40m deal with West Ham failing to advance on their offer of €35m up front with €5m in bonuses.
14:40 BST: Radamel Falcao reveals he is aware of AC Milan’s interest in him and admits it is an “honour”. Read more about it here.
14.11 BST: Marcelo Bielsa is at Leeds United today for his unveiling as the club’s new boss. Here’s what he has to say on any potential transfer activity: “For the moment we’re not intending to bring too many new faces in. From my point of view the club have got plenty of players I feel should remain here, who we should keep.”
14.00 BST: We’re all about transfers in here but we also have another LIVE blog that’s gearing up for some hot World Cup action. You can find all that here.
13.53 BST: Borussia Dortmund cannot afford Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata, sporting director Michael Zorc has told Funke Media. More on that here.
13.33 BST: A way back for Luke Shaw at Manchester United? Jose Mourinho has long been linked with buying a new left back but the Manchester Evening News reckon Shaw could yet earn a new contract at Old Trafford.
13.17 BST: It was only a matter of time, wasn’t it? Just like James Rodriguez at the last World Cup, Real Madrid have their eye on another Colombian playmaker, Juan Quintero. AS reckon Madrid are keen following Quintero’s performances in Russia.
13.13 BST: No deal, Arsenal. A high ranking Sevilla official says Ever Banega is not for sale.
12.53 BST: Young forward Abel Ruiz has signed new deal with Barcelona until 2021, with a €100m release clause.
12.17 BST: Yep, that news in full now: Javier Pastore is heading to Roma. He’s due at Ciampino airport at 5.45pm local time today and will sign a four-year deal, with the option of a further year.
12.14 BST: Ooh, a biggie: Valencia defender Joao Cancelo will complete a €38m move to Italian champions Juventus this week, according to reports in Spain. Around €12m will be paid up front, with the rest due next summer.
12.08 BST: We’ve got some news on Javier Pastore‘s future coming up. Sorry to any excited West Ham fans: the PSG man isn’t coming to you. We’ll reveal all shortly.
12.03 BST: It doesn’t appear Gareth Barry is ready to turn his back on West Brom following their relegation. It says here that he’s exercised the one year option in his contract at The Hawthorns.
11.52 BST: Remember Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo? He’s now at Monaco and is apparently keen on Blues rookie Jonathan Panzo, 17. RMC sport journalist Loic Tanzi says Monaco hope to close a deal quickly.
11.49 BST: Newcastle midfielder Mikel Merino has given the green light to a return to La Liga to join Real Sociedad, sources have told ESPN FC. Sevilla, Athletic Club and Real Betis were also interested but the 22-year-old prefers a move to San Sebastian. The Magpies were originally reluctant to let the Spaniard go only a year after signing him from Borussia Dortmund but they will have no choice but to cash in if Real agree to meet his release clause, set at around €12m.
11.45 BST: According to Marca, Athletic Bilbao have made a €20 million offer for Paris Saint-Germain left-back Yuri Berchiche.
11.35 BST: Besiktas defender Domagoj Vida has enjoyed a fine World Cup campaign so far with Croatia, reportedly attracting the interest of Everton, Fulham, Leicester and West Ham.
An unnamed Besiktas director has told Aksam that he expects Vida to leave this window.
11.25 BST: Are Liverpool looking for a new goalkeeper? Mundo Deportivo believe they are interested in signing Barcelona’s Jasper Cillessen, who has spent his time at the Camp Nou as the understudy to Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
The same outlet also report that Southampton are looking at Barca striker Paco Alcacer.
11.20 BST: TuttoMercatoWeb believe that Fiorentina are preparing a bid for Juventus forward Marko Pjaca, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Schalke.
11.10 BST: While Pastore is set to join Roma, Radja Nainggolan will finally leave.
Sky in Italy say he is due for a medical at Inter Milan, while Davide Santon and Nicolo Zaniolo are in the Italian capital to complete their moves as part of the deal.
11.05 BST: Goal say that Javier Pastore will undergo a medical at Roma ahead of his €20 million move from Paris Saint-Germain.
11.00 BST: Arsenal, Wolves and Inter Milan are all pursuing Porto’s €60 million-rated attacking midfielder Yacine Brahimi, footmercato.net says.
10.40 BST: AS report that Barcelona and Real Madrid are battling it out to sign Bayern Munich and Spain midfielder Thiago.
Julen Lopetegui is reportedly a big fan of the player, having worked with him with Spain’s youth and first teams.
They also write that Madrid have made contact with Porto over Colombia star Juan Fernando Quintero.
10.35 BST: Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Mateo Kovacic recently came out and said he wishes to leave the European champions in search of regular playing time.
However, Marca are now reporting that the club do not wish to sell him, and are determined to keep him tied down to his contract which runs until 2021 and has a buyout clause of €300 million.
10.30 BST: Sources have told ESPN FC that Norwich are leading the race to sign Liverpool winger Harry Wilson on loan.
10.25 BST: Abdou Diallo has shunned an approach from Lyon and will join Borussia Dortmund instead, L’Equipe reports.
The Mainz midfielder, who is a France Under-21 international, visited both clubs, but called Lyon coach Bruno Genesio on Saturday afternoon to tell him he would be staying in Germany. He had also been linked with Arsenal.
10.15 BST: Here is Marca’s front cover, which mentions Real Madrid’s interest in Eden Hazard…
— MARCA (@marca) June 24, 2018
10.10 BST: Turkish publication Fanatik write that Fenerbache are hoping to complete a transfer for Arsenal and Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina.
The Gunners recently completed the signing of Bayer Leverkusen’s Bernd Leno, pushing Ospina further down the pecking order at the Emirates Stadium.
10.00 BST: Sticking with La Gazzetta, they believe that Juventus are asking for €40 million for Chelsea target Daniele Rugani, so that they can fund a €45m bid for Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt.
09.55 BST: While Giannelli Imbula has not exactly been a success at Stoke — spending last season on loan at Toulouse — his stock remains in high demand, with Gazzetta dello Sport reporting that Torino are rivaling Crystal Palace and Newcastle for his signature.
09.45 BST: Manchester Evening News report that Juventus value left-back Alex Sandro at €60 million, which could see Manchester United reignite their interest in him.
09.40 BST: Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has told BILD that Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata could be too expensive for the club to sign
09.25 BST: Arsenal could be set to make another signing as Unai Emery has phoned Argentina’s Ever Banega to convince the midfielder to leave Sevilla for London, according to reports.
08.46 BST: Valencia have reached a €40m agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Joao Cancelo, according to Super Deporte. The Portuguese right-back is expected to undergo his medical either on Monday or on Tuesday ahead of completing the move. Cancelo already spent last season on loan at Inter Milan but Juventus’ rivals opted against activating a purchase option to sign him on permanent basis.
08.33 BST: The Liverpool Echo claim that new arrival Naby Keita is set to inherit Steven Gerrard’s iconic No. 8 shirt at Liverpool.
08.00 BST: Ajax midfielder Frenkie De Jong has given the green light to make a move to Barcelona, according to Sport. The Eredivisie side are refusing to negotiate the departure of the 21-year-old midfielder but Barcelona hope to convince them to cash in as the player has already stated his desire to join the La Liga giants. Yet, Sport says that the Catalans are still considering whether to bring De Jong this summer or keep him at Ajax one more campaign in order to continue his development.
Hazard offered to Real Madrid
Eden Hazard remains on Real Madrid’s radar after helping Belgium dispatch Tunisia on Saturday with two goals in a 5-2 victory.
According to Marca, the Spanish giants were encouraged to make a move for the Chelsea star by his father and representative, Thierry, on the eve of the Champions League final.
With talks over a new contract at Stamford Bridge reaching deadlock, it’s believed the senior Hazard told Real Madrid that his son is ready for a new challenge.
The UCL holders could have to pay up to €120m for the 27-year-old, though, as they continue to explore a deal for primary target Neymar.
Sarri eyes first signing
While Hazard could be on his way this summer, soon-to-be Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has earmarked his first signing at Stamford Bridge.
The Sun reports that Kalidou Koulibaly has emerged as an £88m target, having spent three years working with Sarri at Napoli.
The centre-back has impressed at the World Cup, leading Senegal to the verge of the last 16 and has previously spoken of his admiration for the new Chelsea boss.
The Blues failed to tie up a deal for Koulibaly back in 2016, but it’s thought that an agreement could finally be reached if they stump up Napoli’s hefty asking price.
– Jack Wilshere is set to reject a move to West Ham due to concerns over the length of his contract, reports the Sun. The Hammers have only offered a one-year deal to the former Arsenal midfielder, with Wilshere holding out for a longer agreement.
– Marouane Fellaini’s future at Manchester United should be resolved this week, according to the Independent. The midfielder has requested a new deal worth more than £125,000 a week, as Arsenal, AC Milan and Besiktas all monitor the situation ahead his contract expiring at the end of June.
– Lucas Perez could be handed an unlikely lifeline at Arsenal by new manager Unai Emery, says the Mirror. The forward was loaned to Deportivo La Coruna last season after failing to impress Arsene Wenger but is scheduled to report for preseason training this week.
– Real Madrid want to use Karim Benzema as a makeweight in any deal for Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski, reports kicker. However, president Uli Hoeness says the Bavarians are not interested in a Benzema swap, stressing that Lewandowski will line up for Bayern again next season.
– The Sun says Manchester City and Juventus are both tracking Australian wonderkid Daniel Arzani. The World Cup’s youngest player has starred off the bench so far for the Socceroos and is in on track to start in their must-win clash with Peru on Tuesday.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.