Hamilton Academical, Heart of Midlothian, Leagues, Scottish Premiership, Story

Hamilton defender Xavier Tomas denied 10-man Hearts victory after cancelling out Jamie Walker’s stunning free-kick in a fiery game that also saw the Tynecastle management team of Craig Levein and Austin MacPhee sent to the stand.
The hosts lost Jamie Brandon to a second yellow card 10 minutes before the break for an elbow on Antonio Rojano but still took the lead two minutes after the restart through Walker.
Hearts manager Levein and number two MacPhee were then sent off during an ill-tempered second half following separate incidents before Tomas headed in a 69th-minute equaliser.
The hosts made a lively start and could and threatened as early as the fourth minute when winger David Milinkovic burst through.
The Frenchman pounced on a slack free-kick and slipped the ball through the legs of Scott McMann before racing into the area but his low cross was cleared with Cole Stockton lurking.
Former Hearts playmaker David Templeton was then given a sight of goal but his delicate shot with the outside of his boot was easily collected by Jon McLaughlin.
A stop-start game seemed to suit Accies more as the visitors grew into the first half.
Rojano fired over from inside the area in the 24th minute after being found by Darren Lyon.
Templeton’s quick feet were causing problems and the playmaker earned a free-kick in a dangerous position outside the area after being clipped by Christophe Berra, who was booked.
The former Rangers player took the set-piece but lifted his shot from 20 yards over the bar.
Templeton was in the thick of it again in when his tantalising low cross fell to Darian MacKinnon but McLaughlin spread himself to make the save.
Hearts then found themselves down to ten men in the 35th minute after right-back Jamie Brandon was shown a second yellow card, five minutes after picking up his first, for an elbow on Rojano.
Despite having a man less, Hearts stormed ahead in the 47th minute through Walker. The playmaker curled an exquisite free-kick into the top corner after substitute Lewis Moore was fouled.
The drama then unfolded off the park as Levein and MacPhee are sent to the stand within seven minutes of each other.
Levein was penalised after refusing to budge when being summoned for talks on the touchline by referee Bobby Madden, despite being just yards away.
Following a short stand off, Madden pointed to the stands.
Hearts assistant manager MacPhee was then also ordered to join Levein after a mass touchline melee.
MacPhee and MacKinnon fell over each other in a tangle for the ball, triggering a fracas involving players and both benches.
When the football resumed, Accies went agonisingly close to levelling. Templeton’s shot struck the post before McLaughlin saved from Rojano on the follow-up.
But Accies dug out an equaliser in the 69th minute after Tomas headed in a Templeton corner from close range.
Accies came close to earning all three points in injury-time but John Souttar made a timely goal-line clearance after McLaughlin could only partially save another Tomas header.


Source link

Products You May Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.