So you’ve already purchased your ticket, and you’ve arrived in the UAE. Let’s look at some important information for matchdays and some top tips for your visit to the United Arab Emirates.
- Get to the stadium early: doors will open three hours before kick-off. Bear in mind that security checks may take several minutes.
- Documents: you may be required to show proof of identity (passport, UAE driving licence, UAE or GCC identity card). Other documents or photocopies will not be accepted.
- Numbered seats: be sure to take the seat indicated on your ticket.
- Food and drink: you will not be allowed to bring in food from outside the venue. But don’t worry, there are plenty of options at the Fan Village and inside the stadium.
- Visit the FAN VILLAGE: there are various activities to enjoy at the stadium, from testing the power of your shot to having your photo taken with the trophies. And the youngest supporters will no doubt want to say hello to Dhabi, the tournament mascot who will be wandering among the fans.
How about the days when there’s no game? The United Arab Emirates offers a wide range of sites and activities designed to introduce you to Arab culture. Don’t miss the opportunity to savour its cuisine, its rich history and its traditions. Here are three ideas for each of the host cities:
Al Ain City:
- The Qasr Al Muwaiji palace
- The architecture and heritage of the Al Jahili Fort
- The National Museum
- The Louvre
- Heritage Village
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
More information on the host country and the host cities.