Clubs


The January transfer window might seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumour mill has shut down! Speculation over summer moves is heating up, so check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.

TOP STORY: Camavinga on Barca’s reinforcements list

Barcelona are interested in signing Rennes wonderkid Eduardo Camavinga as a replacement for Sergio Busquets, according to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo.

The report states the 18-year-old midfielder is one of a few on the Catalan side’s shortlist to reinforce the central areas and that the club is expected to make a move this summer.

Rennes were unable to convince Camavinga to sign a new deal, with his contract running until the end of next season. With that in mind, it is believed that the Ligue 1 outfit will be more likely to entertain offers rather than let the player, who has immense potential, go without receiving a fee.

The France international has only missed three league games for his club so far this season, and a potential good showing at Euro 2020 might see his value rise even further. Barcelona are one of many suitors for the young talent, with numerous other European clubs linked over recent days including Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

If the transfer does happen, it will be with an eye to the future, with 32-year-old club legend Busquets likely to start seeing less game time in coming seasons and the Barca hierarchy looking for a contingency plan.

Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
ESPN+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more

LIVE BLOG

11.10 BST: Former Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has extended his contract with Vissel Kobe by another two years and wants to keep working towards making the Japanese side the best in Asia.

World Cup winner Iniesta, who also celebrated his 37th birthday on Tuesday, signed a three-year contract with Kobe in 2018 after leaving Barcelona, where he won nine La Liga and four Champions League titles.

Since Iniesta joined the J-League team, Kobe won their first silverware at the Emperor’s Cup last year and also qualified for the 2020 AFC Champions League for the first time in their 55-year history.

10.32 BST: Barcelona midfielder Miralem Pjanic could return to former club Juventus as part of a swap deal involving Rodrigo Bentancur, according to RAC1.

Pjanic, 31, only joined Barca last summer in a deal worth around €65m, with Arthur Melo moving in the other direction for €80m. The Bosnia international has found playing time hard to come by at Camp Nou. He has made just 13 starts for Ronald Koeman’s side in all competitions and hasn’t featured at all since March 10. With youngsters Pedri, Ilaix Moriba and even Riqui Puig preferred ahead of him, Barca could be willing to cut their losses on him this summer.

Catalan radio station RAC1 reports that Juve, where Pjanic spent four years before moving to Barca, could be keen on taking him back. And with both teams mired in financial problems, a swap deal could once again be away to make something happen, with Uruguay international Bentancur, 23, said to be of interest to Barca.

09.38 BST: Fulham manager Scott Parker would not be drawn on his future after his club were relegated from the Premier League.

Parker has been linked with the vacancy at Tottenham Hotspur, following the firing of Jose Mourinho. The former Spurs midfielder has been named among the candidates after front-runners Julian Nagelsmann and Erik ten Hag respectively joined Bayern Munich and signed a new contract at Ajax.

Asked about his future following Fulham’s 2-0 loss to Burnley on Monday, which, confirmed their immediate return to the Championship, Parker told Sky: “It’s not a conversation for tonight. We’ve got three games left and my job is to get this team to finish the season in the right way.

“After that the discussion we have as a football club for what we need to do to improve will speak for itself.

“We’ll make those decisions as a football club and we’ll have those discussions. They happen at all good football clubs. We have to be honest and very brutal in terms of what happened this year.”

08.47 BST: Atletico Madrid are finalising an improved deal that will see Marcos Llorente increase his wages, according to AS.

The Rojiblancos have had to move fast with Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich interested in signing the Spain international.

Talks between the player’s agent and the club have intensified in recent weeks with both parties keen for Llorente to continue at Atletico for years to come.

Llorente, 26, has a contract with Atletico until June 2024 and was one of the club players that agreed to have his salary temporarily lowered after the club requested it due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The new deal will see Llorente earn the same amount as that of Atletico stars Koke and Saul Niguez.

Llorente has scored 13 goals and set up 11 more in 42 appearances for Atletico this season.

08.00 BST: West Ham may struggle to afford to sign Jesse Lingard on a permanent deal, according to the Daily Mail.

Lingard has rejuvenated his career since joining the Hammers on loan from Manchester United in January, scoring nine goals in 13 Premier League appearances to maintain their push for a top-four finish and making a return to the England squad.

However, the Mail reports that the 28-year-old’s desired four-year contract worth more than £100,000 a week would likely be too much for West Ham to afford following the financial hit they have taken during the pandemic.

play

1:15

Archie Rhind-Tutt reveals Liverpool are now in a tug-of-war with Manchester United for Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Luke Thrower)

Liverpool have shown interest in Leeds United striker Patrick Bamford, according to The Athletic. The 27-year-old has played in every league game this season for Marcelo Bielsa, contributing 15 goals and eight assists in those 35 appearances. This has placed him sixth in the Premier League goal-scoring charts, and his performances have not gone unnoticed by Jurgen Klopp as well as many other clubs. It was also reported that the forward signed a year extension on his existing deal, which now lasts until 2023.

– Watford are keen on signing Galatasaray striker Mbaye Diagne this summer, according to Sky Sports. However, the recently promoted Hornets are not the only side looking at the forward, with the report linking Brighton and Crystal Palace with a move too. The 29-year-old has spent the second half of this season on loan at West Bromwich Albion and has impressed in the Midlands despite the Baggies’ recent relegation.

– Tottenham are looking to offload central defender Davinson Sanchez this summer, according to Football Insider. The 24-year-old joined the club back in 2017 for then-club-record fee of nearly £40m. The Colombia international has been out of favour this season, with his last start coming back in April against Newcastle, and has made only 17 appearances in the league so far.

– Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Watford are in a battle to sign attacking midfielder Gael Kakuta, who is on loan from Amiens to fellow French club Lens. The Daily Mail reports that all three clubs are keen on the 29-year-old. The former Chelsea midfielder has 16 goal involvements in 33 Ligue 1 appearances in what has been a standout campaign in his club’s return to the top division.

AC Milan are looking to bolster the right flank this summer with a move for Tottenham full-back Serge Aurier. Calciomercato reports that the Italian side are looking at the 28-year-old as a possibility in the upcoming transfer window with an emphasis of signing a player with some experience behind them. The Ivory Coast international joined Spurs in 2017 but has made just 19 league appearances this season, fighting for a spot with summer signing Matt Doherty throughout.

– Serie A clubs Internazionale and Lazio are interested in Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud, according to Calciomercato. The 34-year-old is out of contract in the summer with the two clubs circling the experienced target man. Giroud was part of the France team that won the 2018 World Cup and a good summer at the European Championships could see more sides involved in the race to sign him should he leave the Blues on a free this summer.



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Juventus, Arsenal linked with Euro 2020 sensation Manuel Locatelli
What the best men’s players are wearing at this summer’s major tournaments
Christian Eriksen remains ‘stable’ after collapsing
Why France vs. Germany could be Euro 2020’s game of the group stage
Transfer Talk – Juventus eye Manchester United’s Paul Pogba for either Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *