The football world is awash with gossip! Transfer Talk is monitoring the whispers ahead of all the summer moves. Check out the latest deals and potential deals here.
TOP STORY: Sanchez to request Man City move
When Alexis Sanchez recovers from his bout of the flu he will ask Arsenal to let him leave for Manchester City, the Mirror claims.
It is reported that City remain keen on Sanchez despite wage demands of £400,000-per-week that priced him out of a move to Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich. And if Arsene Wenger doesn’t grant the Chile international a transfer, he will up the ante by asking for one.
Sanchez, who scored 30 goals and assisted on 15 more in all competitions for Arsenal last season, failed to return to preseason training Sunday because of illness, a condition that is said to be genuine and not an attempt to agitate for a move.
23.10 BST That’ll do it for our live Transfer Talk this Sunday. Check back in a few hours for the latest rumours and links from Monday’s papers. Good night.
22.23 BST Dani Alves urges Neymar to “be brave” ahead of transfer decision. Speaking to Marca, Alves said “I just want my friend to be happy wherever he is, although obviously if he were here that would be much better. It’s a decision you have to make carefully but you have to be selfish. If I could advise one thing it would be: be brave, the world belongs to the brave.”
22.10 BST With Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil having been linked with moves away from the Emirates all summer long, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has called the fact that Sanchez and Ozil are entering the last years of their contracts “ideal” and “not an issue.”
21.55 BST UPDATE Following a 3-0 win over Valerenga, Jose Mourinho weighed in on the potential signing of Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic. Mourinho when asked said “I know that he [Matic] wants that very, very much. When a player wants very, very much, the chance is bigger. “I think we have a chance but in football until it’s official, I saw so many things happen that I refuse to say more than I am telling you now.” Stay tuned.
21.45 BST The Sun have reported that Rafa Benitez has approached Arsenal about potentially signing Arsenal bust Lucas Perez. Perez seems almost certain to leave the Emirates with a move back to Spain and Deportivo La Coruna being heavily reported. Benitez has made no secret of strengthening his side for the top flight and his countryman Perez might just be worth a gamble, considering his scoring record pre-Arsenal.
21.35 BST Crystal Palace’s hopes of bringing Mamadou Sakho back on loan from Liverpool have taken a hit, as Roma have reportedly entered the race for the out of favour Liverpool defender. Liverpool have valued Sakho at £30 million and have been adamant that they will not loan the defender but only sell him permanently.
21.20 BST In a blast from the past, former Arsenal striker Julio Baptista has been linked with a return to English football, according to the Sun. The former Brazil international is being linked with of all clubs…Bolton of League One. “The Beast” last played for Orlando City of MLS and told Sky earlier this year “I’m not finished yet.”
21.10 BST Speaking following Manchester United’s 3-0 win over Valerenga, Jose Mourinho shot down rumours that Galatasaray were closing in on midfielder Marouane Fellaini. “It’s easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me. No chance”, said Mourinho.
21.05 BST Stoke City are poised to make a shock move for Ukrainian international Andriy Yarmolenko, reports the Mirror. Yarmolenko has been linked with a move to the Premier League for years, even with clubs as big as Chelsea but Dynamo Kyiv have always refused to sell Ukraine’s second all-time leading scorer (29 goals).
20.55 BST Championship side Leeds United are the latest club to be linked to Valencia striker Alvaro Negredo, according to reports from the Mirror. Negredo scored 10 goals last season on loan for relegated Middlesbrough and is reportedly also being pursued by Swansea City.
20.45 BST After losing Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United, Chelsea could potentially get revenge by indirectly blocking United’s move for Inter’s Ivan Perisic. Inter have told Calciomercato.com that Chelsea target Antonio Candreva is now available for a fee around €20m and if Chelsea were to snap up Candreva, Inter would likely refuse to sell Perisic to United or anyone else for that matter.
20.30 BST The Express claim that Tottenham have joined the race for Leicester City dynamo Riyad Mahrez. Arsenal and Roma have been thought to be the leaders for the Algerian but Spurs have reportedly joined the race and could make Mahrez their first signing of the summer.
20.20 BST In Italy, AC Milan CEO Marco Fassone has confirmed that the Rossoneri have held talks with Chelsea surrounding Diego Costa. AC Milan have signed 10 player so far this summer but are looking for one more attacking player to complete their shopping list. Costa has been heavily-linked with a return to Atletico Madrid but such a move would require him to sit out or go on loan until January.
19.57 BST DONE DEAL Huddersfield Town have extended the contract of 21-year-old goalkeeper Joel Coleman. Coleman has made 10 first-team appearances for the Terriers and now will be with the club through 2019.
19.30 BST Liverpool’s hopes of signing RB Leipzig’s Naby Keita took another hit on Sunday. Leipzig head coach Ralph Hasenhuttl squashed Naby Keita to Liverpool talk on Sunday when talking to the British media after Leipzig’s Emirates Cup match. “The chance [of Keïta leaving] is null,” said Hasenhuttl. “It’s 100 percent clear that Naby will play this year in Leipzig. At the beginning of the transfer period we said we would start with the same team and of the players we had last year no one will go. That would be our answer now also.”
19.00 BST According to reports from the Birmingham Mail, Wolves are closing in on the signing of Brazilian striker Leo Bonatini. The 23-year-old striker scored 15 goals in 26 appearances last season for Saudi side Al-Hilal and previously played for Portuguese club Estoril and in Juventus’ youth academy.
18.45 BST Celtic and manager Brendan Rodgers are keen on bringing back Patrick Roberts from Manchester City, according to reports in Scotland. The 20-year-old Roberts previously spent 18 months at Celtic on loan and likely will be loaned out again by Manchester City.
18.30 BST Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport are reporting that newly promoted Hellas Verona of Serie A are interested in out of favour Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson. Jenkinson made only 12 appearances last season for Arsenal and could be looking for a bridge move to rebuild his career.
18.19 BST v DONE DEAL 2.Bundesliga side SV Darmstadt have announced that they have signed Seattle Sounders left-back Joevin Jones. The Trinidad and Tobago defender has nine assists this season and will reportedly join the German side in January.
18.02 BST Sources close to Bristol City defender Aden Flint have told the Bristol Post that Flint is set to change clubs with “the next few days.” Flint has been heavily-linked with a move to fellow Championship side Birmingham City over the past few weeks.
17.25 BST: Swansea City’s hopes of re-signing striker Wilfried Bony from Manchester City could be scuppered, with the BBC reporting that Turkish club Besiktas have now entered the chase for his signature.
16.45 BST: Barnsley defender Andy Yiadom has turned down a new contract offer at Oakwell, with Huddersfield set to make a third bid for him after having two offers rejected, Sky Sports reports.
16.20 BST: German newspaper Bild has reported that Leon Goretzka has described reports of an agreement for him to join Bayern Munich from Schalke next year as “rubbish.”
16.15 BST: Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs could be on his way to Watford after West Bromwich Albion ended their attempts to sign him earlier this month. But Sky Sports reports that left-back Gibbs “would have to take a significant drop in wages if he was to leave the Emirates Stadium this summer.”
15.20 BST: BBC London has reported that Fulham plan to extend striker Sone Aluko‘s contract and have turned down “multiple bids” for the former Hull player from an unnamed club.
14.40 BST: Nemanja Matic‘s move to Manchester United: is it already further advanced than reported? This picture from Twitter might be real, or might be Photoshopped (although it’s very good Photoshopping if it is). The number 31, incidentally, used to belong to Bastian Schweinsteiger, who had left by the time this United training top was released.
— brandon (@brandoe_1) July 30, 2017
14.15 BST: The Liverpool Echo says Everton could include defender Callum Connolly in a new attempt to sign Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson in any potential package, with the England under-20 international set to be offered to the Swans on a long-term loan basis.
13.50 BST: West Bromwich Albion could bid for Barcelona’s former Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen if they are priced out of a move for Middlesbrough’s Ben Gibson, according to the Mirror. It is thought Boro want £30m for Gibson, who impressed last season despite their relegation from the Premier League.
13.15 BST: Watford coach Marco Silva has said Swiss international midfielder Valon Behrami “won’t stay with us,” adding that “it is time for him to find other solutions for his career.”
13.00 BST: It’s 13.00 BST, which means it’s Nottingham Forest time — and the Nottingham Post says manager Mark Warburton hopes to make two new signings before his side’s first game of the season on Friday. One of those could potentially be Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald.
12.45 BST: If, as has been reported, Manchester United succeed in signing Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic, Juventus — who had also hoped to sign him — will turn their attentions to Sevilla’s Steven N’Zonzi or Blaise Matuidi of PSG, according to reports in Italy.
12.30 BST: The Observer has reported that both Manchester clubs, along with Chelsea and Liverpool, are monitoring the progress of teenage defender Melayro Bogarde, the nephew of Winston Bogarde.
12.00 BST: Staying in the Championship, and talking of forward, the Birmingham Mail reports that Birmingham City boss Harry Redknapp could make a move for Hull’s Abel Hernandez.
11.50 BST: Sunderland’s hopes of bringing in Aston Villa forward Ross McCormack have been hit by the news that Villa want an £8m fee and are not interested in a loan move, the Northern Echo reports.
11.30 BST: The Manchester Evening News reports that Manchester United “are close to finally completing the signing of Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic and could wrap up the deal next week.
11.20 BST: Wolverhampton Wanderers have spent heavily this summer as they look to challenge for promotion to the Premier League next season and have been linked with a have been linked with a £20m move for Burnley striker Andre Gray, the Birmingham Mail reports.
11.00 BST: Brighton and Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton, whose side face colossal spenders Manchester City on the opening day of the new Premier League season, has said City’s outlay reflects their Champions League ambitions, adding: “If I was in his [Pep Guardiola’s] position. I’d probably be doing the same.”
10.30 BST: Reports in Belgium continue to link Manchester United with a move for Anderlecht midfielder Leander Dendoncker, saying the club would be prepared to sell him if the right offer — of between €25m and €35m — were to arrive.
10.15 BST: Leonid Slutsky, the new man in charge at Hull City, wants defensive additions and could move for either Bournemouth’s Marc Wilson or Wolves’ Danny Batth, according to the Hull Daily Mail.
10.05 BST: Marouane Fellaini is in the Manchester United squad for the friendly with Valerenga despite claims from Galatasaray that they are in talks to sign him.
Belgium international midfielder Fellaini was part of the group that left Manchester for Oslo on Sunday ahead of the clash with the Norwegian side at the Ullevaal Stadion.
09.50 BST: To Manchester City, where boss Pep Guardiola has said forward Kelechi Iheanacho “I think is going to leave, to Leicester.”
09.40 BST: Sergio Ramos has said he hopes Neymar, increasingly linked with Paris Saint-Germain, leaves Barcelona as it make them “less of a problem” for Real Madrid Speaking after Madrid’s defeat to Barca in the International Champions Cup, he said: “I changed [swapped] the shirt with him, and I hope it is the last one I have used with Barca.”
09.30 BST: Everton’s frenetic summer shows no sign of slowing down, with reports suggesting that West Ham defender Winston Reid could be the latest target for Ronald Koeman.
09.15 BST: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce has had a busy summer so far, adding John Terry, Ahmed Elmohamady, Glenn Whelan, Chris Samba and Sam Johnstone, but the Express and Star says he isn’t finished yet and “would ideally like to add a couple more, including a striker, as he looks to build a squad capable of winning promotion from the Championship.”
09.00 BST: Is an end to the Gylfi Sigurdsson saga in sight? Yes, according to manager Paul Clement, whose star player is attracting big interest from Everton. He told Sky Sports: “We still want a quick resolution. The deadline’s imminent. There’s going to be a resolution to this situation in the very near future.” He said there was “no way” the saga would drag on until the end of the transfer window.
Liverpool could still move for Pulisic
Liverpool are ready to turn to Borussia Dortmund and United States playmaker Christian Pulisic if they lose Philippe Coutinho this summer, according to the Mirror.
Jurgen Klopp said Saturday that he was happy with the current squad, but outsiders have been left wondering after just three signings. Liverpool have failed to add Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk and Naby Keita from RB Leipzig, and Coutinho, their star man, could be Barcelona bound.
It is claimed Coutinho, who captained Liverpool in their preseason friendly against Hertha Berlin, will not push for a move, and Klopp does not want to sell. But if Barca up their offer of £80 million, which was rejected, the hierarchy at Anfield may decide to cash in.
Barca plot Neymar contingency plan
Barcelona are spreading their net far and wide in the search for Neymar’s potential replacement and are said to be considering Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann as well as the aforementioned Coutinho.
Marca reckons that Barca are attracted by Griezmann’s €100m buyout clause at Atletico, a price they see as reasonable value in this summer’s transfer window. As a fixed figure it also means Atletico wouldn’t be able to increase their asking price for Griezmann if their La Liga rivals pocket an astronomical fee for Neymar.
Meanwhile, a second report in Marca claims PSG might have to sell €110m worth of talent in order to fund their bid for Neymar without succumbing to UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules.
– Everton’s big spending could be about to reach another level with the club pushing for the double signing of Gylfi Sigurdsson and Olivier Giroud in a double deal totaling around £70m this week.
The Mirror reckons that Everton are hopeful of finally prising Sigurdsson from Swansea with an offer equating to £45m plus young defender Callum Connolly. And they are also looking for an answer from Arsenal and Giroud over the striker’s future before they look elsewhere.
– Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea are all in the hunt for Melayro Bogarde, the 15-year-old nephew of former Barcelona and Netherlands player Winston Bogarde. The Guardian reports that the Feyenoord defender is not available until he reaches his 16th birthday in May 2018, and until then the four Premier League sides will keep scouting him.
– In Barcelona news that doesn’t revolve around Neymar, Sport says the Catalan club are looking to extend the contract of Gerard Deulofeu just one month after signing him. Deulofeu returned to Barcelona from Everton on a two-year deal with a €20m release clause, but they have already decided to upgrade his deal and increase or remove the buyout.