AC Milan’s spending spree has continued with the capture of Italy under-21 defender Andrea Conti on a five-year contract.
Conti, 23, arrives from Atalanta and follows Andre Silva, Ricardo Rodriguez, Hakan Calhanoglu, Mateo Musacchio, Franck Kessie and Fabio Borini in joining the club this summer.
After finishing in a disappointing sixth place in Serie A last season, Milan are rebuilding for a renewed tilt at honours.
A statement published on their official website said Conti, who helped Atalanta qualify for the Europa League last term, had agreed a five-year deal with the Rossoneri.
— AC Milan (@acmilan) July 7, 2017
Follow the heavy spending, coach Vincenzo Montella said anything less than qualifying for the Champions League next season would be a failure as Milan returned for preseason training earlier this week.