Bayern Munich, Blog - Transfer Talk, Blog Post, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea, Clubs, Transfers


ESPN FC’s Julien Laurens says Inter Milan are getting closer to acquiring Man United’s Romelu Lukaku and explains what that means for Mauro Icardi.
Julien Laurens says a cash-plus-players deal is the only way Barcelona can bring back Neymar from PSG, so which players could go the other way?

The European transfer window is open. Click here to review all the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.

Top free agents in 2020 | What do Europe’s elite need

Bayern prepare fresh Hudson-Odoi bid

Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich are refusing to accept defeat in their pursuit of Chelsea starlet Callum Hudson-Odoi, with the Daily Mail claiming the Germans are set to make a renewed bid for the winger.

The new proposal from Bayern is believed to be in the region of £45 million — a full £10m more than they offered at the backend of the January transfer window earlier this year.

The Bavarians are keen to make the 18-year-old the centrepiece of their long-term rebuild, following the departures of veteran wingers Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.

Despite new Chelsea boss Frank Lampard declaring that Hudson-Odoi was a vital cog in his long-term plans at Stamford Bridge, Bayern haven’t been put off in their plans to make a fresh approach.

The Blues are willing to resist any advances while they remain under a transfer ban, but they run the risk of losing their prized youngster for a substantially lower fee if he agrees a pre-contract with Munich at the start of 2020.

LIVE BLOG

19.09 BST: Jurgen Klopp has left the door open to Liverppol signing a left-back as cover for Andrew Robertson this summer.

17.55 BST: Antoine Griezmann‘s lawyer, who was responsible for depositing his client’s €120m release clause at La Liga’s headquarters, has criticised Atletico Madrid’s reaction to the forward’s transfer to Barcelona.

Griezmann’s release clause dropped from €200m to €120m at the start of the month. Atletico claim a pre-contract agreement which pre-dates July 1 means Barca should have to pay €200m. Rojiblancos president Enrique Cerezo has even suggested he has evidence of the pre-contract.

“Antoine is very disappointed with the attitude shown by Atletico and the club’s hierarchy,” Sevan Karian said. “They are acting in bad faith and are communicating the opposite of what they told him in person.

“But let them do as they see fit, we will do the same if necessary. For the moment, for [Griezmann], he only wants to think about this new chapter in his career. He wants to celebrate this weekend by discovering his new home.”

The France international is due to be unveiled in front of fans at the Camp Nou at around 19.00 BST today, before giving a news conference where he will no doubt be asked about his acrimonious Atletico exit.

17.20 BST: Arsenal have turned their attentions to Lille winger Nicolas Pepe after being priced out of a deal for Wilfried Zaha, according to Telefoot.

The Gunners had an initial £40m bid for Zaha dismissed by Crystal Palace, who want double that amount for their academy product and star player.

That has sent Arsenal seeking alternatives and, according to the French outlet, they haven’t strayed their gaze far, and have zeroed in on Zaha’s fellow Ivory coast international Pepe.

The 24-year-old scored 24 goals last season as Lille finished second in Ligue 1, 16 points behind Paris Saint-Germain.

16.45 BST: Liverpool have had no contact from Real Madrid over a potential move for Sadio Mane despite the head of Senegal’s FA claiming the forward should move to the Bernabeu, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Saer Seck was quoted in the Daily Mirror on Saturday as saying: “Everybody in the world knows that Mane is in the top ten best footballers in the world and he has achieved significant success at Liverpool in the past season.

“He alongside Mo Salah and Firmino are phenomenal. But this is football and he won the Champions League last season and he has the chance to go to Madrid. For me I think it’s the best club in the world, even if I am a Barcelona fan I still think Real is the best and Mane should be thinking of that offer seriously.

“The career of a footballer is very short and sometimes you don’t get the chance a lot so if it’s there, and I think Zidane likes him, why not?”

16.10 BST: Harry Maguire‘s proposed move to Manchester United is progressing very quickly today, The Sun claims.

According to the paper, United have agreed a to pay £80m for the England centre-back, and he will have a medical at the club’s training ground on Monday.

The same outlet also reports that Leicester have already sourced their replacement after agreeing a £45m deal with Brighton for defender Lewis Dunk.

15.35 BST: Flamengo are considering Diego Costa in their search for a strong centre-forward, according to ESPN Brasil commentator Jorge Nicola.

Marcos Braz and Bruno Spindel, vice president and CEO of Flamengo, are in Europe to try and negotiate for the Atletico Madrid player. Nicolas reports that the board of directors can afford to pay between €10m and€13m for Costa.

The problem, however, is the Brazil-born Spain international’s salary. He earns €8.5m, which is around twice as much as Flamengo’s top earners receive.

15.00 BST: Daniel Sturridge could be moving to Serie A amid interest from Italian club Bologna, according to the Sunday Express.

Sturrdige is a free agent after ending his six-year spell at Liverpool following their Champions League final victory last month.

The 29-year-old has been linked with Aston Villa, who return to the Premier League for next season after two years in the Championship, and Scottish side Rangers, who are managed by Sturridge’s former Anfield and England teammate Steven Gerrard.

However, if a stint abroad appeals to the former Manchester City and Chelsea player, then a move to Serie A’s 10th-placed club last season could be a possibility.

14.15 BST: Liverpool have joined a host of Europe’s top clubs by taking an interest in CSKA Moscow striker Fedor Chalov, the Sunday Mirror reports.

Chalov, 21, was the Russian Premier League’s top scorer last season with 15 goals, while he also opened the scoring in CSKA’s 3-0 Champions League win over Real Madrid at the Bernabeu in December.

The Russia international’s scoring form and youthful potential has alerted Liverpool, but the European champions face plenty of competition for his signature.

The Mirror reports that Premier League big guns Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham are all monitoring Chalov, as are Bundelsiga clubs Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig as well as French club Monaco and Sevilla of La Liga.

13.30 BST: Harry Maguire is angry with Leicester City for pricing him out of a move to Manchester United, according to The Sun.

The England defender has reportedly told teammates that he wants to leave the King Power Stadium, but is “fuming” that the club are holding out for £85m from United.

12.45 BST: After posting a cryptic video of an image if himself in a Barcelona shirt (09.40 BST), Neymar went one step further on Saturday during a Q&A interview.

Asked what his best football memory was, the Paris Saint-Germain striker, who is target for former club Barcelona, replied: “Firstly, when we won the Olympics with Brazil [in 2012].

“Secondly, the “Remontada” [the infamous 6-1 Champions League comeback win in 2017] against Paris. What we felt when we scored the sixth goal I never felt something like this, it was incredible.”

12.10 BST: Amid reports that he is set to join Everton, Fabian Delph has been left out of Manchester City’s preseason tour squad.

The 29-year-old midfielder, who has played at left-back under Pep Guardiola on occasion, has one year left on his City contract and could depart for £10m.

11.30 BST: Arsenal have made a renewed attempt to prise Kieran Tierney from Celtic, the BBC reports, by making a £25m bid that would see the Scotland left-back become the most expensive player in Scottish football history.

Tierney, 22, was the subject of a £15m offer from Arsenal in June and has also been the subject of reported interest from Napoli.

11.00 BST: Never one to shy away from the public eye, Jose Mourinho is at the British Grand Prix this weekend as a guest of Ferrari.

While there the former Manchester United, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid boss spoke about his future.

“Right now I’m studying German because it’s the only language I’m missing,” he said. “I speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian.

“Then, of course, I won’t rule anything out, not even Germany.”

10.20 BST: Antoine Griezmann is in Barcelona and has been speaking about joining the club.

“I was keen to come here, and my family was behind me … For me, it’s a big club and I hope to help it to continue being big or make it even bigger. I’m really looking forward to working with my new teammates and with the boss, and playing at the Camp Nou and hopefully winning a lot of things.”

Griezmann will sign his contract later on today before speaking some more at a news conference.

09.40 BST: Neymar posted a video featuring himself in a Barcelona shirt on Instagram on Saturday, increasing speculation that he might return to his former club, but his public relations company said he would show up in Paris on Monday.

Neymar posted a video, showing a black-and-white image of himself in a shirt with the badge of Barcelona and a quote from the Bible.

The post led to reports about his intended message, with French newspaper L’Equipe saying: “Everyone will see in this ambiguous message a hidden announcement by the PSG striker of his return to his old club.”

But his public relations company, in a statement carried on Brazilian websites, said, “After these events he will show up normally on July 15 as PSG had been informed weeks ago.”

09.00 BST: Welcome to Sunday’s Transfer Talk live blog. A place where we are waiting for big moves to happen, and we may not be waiting too much longer.

On Saturday, Inter Milan sent striker Mauro Icardi home from their preseason camp in Switzerland and confirmed that he will not participate in their summer tour in Asia.

Meanwhile, Romelu Lukaku — who did not feature in Manchester United’s win against Perth Glory — told reporters “you will know something next week” amid links to Inter.

And that’s not all! Matthijs De Ligt — who has been linked with everyone from Barcelona to Manchester United this summer — was left out of Ajax’s preseason squad ahead of a reported move to Juventus.

Reds and Gunners head chase for Chalov

Liverpool have joined the race for CSKA Moscow striker Fedor Chalov, who has been tipped by many as the next big thing in Russian football.

The Mirror claims all of the Premier League’s “big six” are in the running for the 21-year-old, while clubs in Germany, France and Spain are also credited with an interest in the forward, who finished last season as the top goalscorer in the Russian Premier League.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is on the lookout for a striker after the Reds parted ways with Daniel Sturridge, but Chalov is believed to be concerned about a possible lack of playing time at Anfield, and could lean towards a switch elsewhere.

Arsenal are also keeping a close eye on the Russia international — and have been since early April, when he scored against the Gunners in their Europa League quarter-final.

Roma seek Suso switch

Serie A giants Roma and AC Milan have opened discussions over a possible deal for Rossoneri midfielder Suso, according to reports in Gazzetta dello Sport.

New Milan boss Marco Giampaolo is rumoured to be keen to dispense of the Spaniard, who he believes to be unsuitable for the style of play he wants to deliver at the San Siro.

Roma, on the other hand, see the former Liverpool youngster as a great fit for manager Paulo Fonseca’s 4-2-3-1 system that deploys a left-footed wide-right midfielder. Suso is believed to be biding his time to see if he has a future at Milan before making any decision on his next move.

The 25-year-old has a release clause in his contract of around €40 million, but Roma sporting director Gianluca Petrachi is said to have no intentions of paying the full fee.

Tap-ins

– Marca claims Real Betis and Arsenal have joined Real Madrid in the race for highly-rated Las Palmas goalkeeper Josep Martinez. The 21-year-old will only be allowed to leave Gran Canaria if a potential suitor meets his €10 million release clause, with the player also believed to be happy to stay put.

Reports in The Sun claim Burnley are lining up a double swoop for Genk duo Joakim Maehle and Ruslan Malinovskyi. Denmark Under-21 defender Maehle and 26-year-old Ukrainian midfielder Malinovskyi could be heading to the Turf Moor in a £19 million deal.

– Marseille are in the market for a new midfielder, and French outlet L’Equipe have linked them with a move for Nantes destroyer Valentin Rongier. Andre Villas-Boas’ side may have to dig deep to secure a deal for the 24-year-old, however, with the defensive midfielder under contract at Les Canaris until the summer of 2022.



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Borussia Monchengladbach vs. Bayern Munich – Football Match Report – December 7, 2019
LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United target Saul, Haaland, Van de Beek in January
LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid could lose Erling Haaland race to Dortmund
Chelsea defence crumble as Kepa 5/10 in defeat at Everton
Borussia Dortmund vs. Slavia Prague – Football Match Report – December 10, 2019

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *