The transfer window is heating up! Transfer Talk brings you live updates on all the latest rumours and done deals.
Check out all the confirmed January moves so far on our transfers page.
TOP STORY: Mahrez in demand
Riyad Mahrez is a wanted man this month after rediscovering his best form for Leicester, reports The Sun.
The winger has seven goals and seven assists in the Premier League, alerting Liverpool and Chelsea as both clubs look to strengthen midway through the season.
Foxes boss Claude Puel has insisted that Mahrez will remain at the King Power Stadium until the summer, but it’s thought Leicester will consider offers of £30 million-plus in January.
The 26-year-old’s asking price won’t be a problem for Liverpool if Philippe Coutinho’s £140 million switch to Barcelona goes through as many expect.
13.00: Manchester United’s Luke Shaw has reportedly seen his contract with the club extended for a further year.
Manchester Evening News report that the player, who’s contract was due to expire in the summer, is now tied down at Old Trafford until 2019.
12.40: Barcelona’s Arda Turan will not move to Chicago Fire in Major League Soccer, his agent has told Sport.
The 30-year-old was linked with a move to the United States yesterday, but that rumour has been branded “unfounded” by the player’s agent.
12.20: Liverpool’s Emre Can has been offered a five-year contract with Juventus, says Sky Sports.
Juve officials met Can’s representatives on Thursday, and were able to convince him to sign a contract when he becomes a free agent in July.
On Friday, Juve manager Massimiliano Allegri said: “We’re all aware of Can’s qualities. He’s young, with plenty of games and international experience already under his belt.”
12.00: The Philippe Countinho to Barcelona rumours are really starting to heat up. Reports in Spain, including Sport, suggest a deal of around €120 million + €40m in add-ons has been agreed ‘in principle’ with the Catalan club ready for potential player presentations next Monday and Wednesday.
Mundo Deportivo claim that the Liverpool star is even prepared to pay €15m out of his own pocket for the deal to go through.
11.46: Arsenal’s Mathieu Debuchy could be heading to Premier League strugglers West Brom, acording to L’Equipe.
The 32-year-old France right-back, who has made six appearances for the Gunners this season, is believed to want more first team football.
— L’ÉQUIPE (@lequipe) January 6, 2018
11.16: And another DONE DEAL you may have missed from Friday, as Chelsea took advantage of Ross Barkley being in the final six months of his contract to sign the Everton midfielder for around £16 million.
10.42: DONE DEAL In case you missed it last night, Everton confirmed the signing of Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun — reportedly valued at £27 million — at half-time of their FA Cup game against Liverpool.
10.11: Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes has ruled out any chance of Arturo Vidal joining Chelsea this month — no player will be sold in January he says.
09.32: Reports in Spain from Don Balon that Liverpool want to try and bring Luis Suarez back to Anfield as part of any deal that takes Philippe Countinho to Barcelona.
09.00: We’ve raced through the first week of the winter transfer window. Let’s see what Saturday has in store for us.
Newcastle want Hart
Joe Hart has emerged as a surprise target for Newcastle after losing his place as West Ham number one, according to the Daily Mirror.
Hart’s questionable form this season has prompted David Moyes to replace him with Adrian in recent weeks, leaving the Man City loanee facing an uncertain future.
Rafa Benitez is apparently keen to rescue Hart, but any January transfer would have to be approved by the player, West Ham, and his parent club — not to mention Mike Ashley, who is still negotiating the sale of the Magpies.
With Hart earning £120,000 a week, the Hammers may be tempted to cut ties with the goalkeeper, and could use Newcastle’s interest as leverage to bring Jonjo Shelvey to the Olympic Stadium.
Can close to Juventus
In what is fast becoming a protracted transfer saga, it has been reported that Emre Can has come to an “agreement in principle” to join Juventus in the summer.
Can is out of contract in June, and the Daily Mail claims Juve have finally won the race for his signature — with manager Max Allegri praising his quality recently — after pursuing the Liverpool midfielder for the past 18 months.
Liverpool had held out faint hopes of tying the 23-year-old to a new deal, but it seems Can has been lured away by the offer of a five-year contract from the Serie A champions.
He now looks set to leave Anfield for nothing, with Naby Keita already lined up as his replacement in the summer.
Ronaldo and PSG
Paris Saint-Germain are preparing a sensational bid for Cristiano Ronaldo, who will reportedly quit Real Madrid unless he is made the highest-paid player in the world.
According to Spanish outlet El Confidencial, PSG are keen to partner Ronaldo with Neymar and Kylian Mbappe in what would be Europe’s most fearsome forward line.
The only thing holding the Ligue 1 leaders back is Financial Fair Play, which PSG will apparently attempt to circumvent by offering Edinson Cavani to Real Madrid in part-exchange for Ronaldo, as well as selling Goncalo Guedes to Valencia.
– Andy Carroll is a shock name on Chelsea’s shortlist this month, according to The Sun. The striker has just 18 months left on his contract at West Ham, and could be brought to Stamford Bridge to provide backup for Alvaro Morata.
– Crystal Palace hope to take advantage of Ross Barkley’s move to Chelsea by completing a permanent move for Ruben Loftus-Cheek, claims the Daily Mail. Eagles boss Roy Hodgson is a big fan of the 21-year-old loanee, who picked up his first England cap in November.
– The Mail also reports that Marseille have expressed an interest in Jack Wilshere, but the midfielder would prefer to remain at Arsenal. Wilshere has impressed since his return to the Gunners’ first team and hopes to be rewarded with a new contract ahead of his current deal expiring in the summer.
Matthew Stanger covers European football for ESPN and is the editor of The Set Pieces. Twitter: @MatthewStanger