With the January window on the horizon, there’s plenty brewing in the transfer market. All the latest deals and potential deals can be found here.
Allardyce wants Aubameyang for Everton
There’s a new boss at Goodison Park, and his first move is to find a replacement for departed frontman Romelu Lukaku. Sam Allardyce has taken the reins over at Everton, and, according to the Mirror, his first move will be to make a bold £60 million move to bring Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang over from Borussia Dortmund next summer.
Lukaku took his 25 goals from 2016-17 to Manchester United during the latest window, and so far, the combination of Wayne Rooney, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Dominic Calvert-Lewin hasn’t managed to make up for the loss of the Belgium international.
A woeful start to the campaign saw manager Ronald Koeman sacked, and now Allardyce, whose Toffees sit mid-table after some recent positive results, is already looking to next season and a goals influx in the form of Aubameyang.
The Gabon international already has 19 goals in all competitions for Dortmund, but Everton won’t have it easy, as Liverpool and Chelsea are also rumoured to be interested in making Aubameyang’s Premier League dream come true.
Chelsea edge in on Barca target Arthur
More from the Mirror here, who report that Chelsea are ready to jump into the fray for Gremio midfielder Arthur, who recently helped the Brazilian club win the Copa Libertadores against Lanus.
Barcelona had been seen as the early favourites to land the 21-year-old and caused a bit of a stir with his current club’s supporters when two of the Catalan giant’s directors were pictured with a Blaugrana-clad Arthur in Porto Alegre on Dec. 1.
That dustup may help open the door for the Blues to step in if they are willing to pay his modest (by Premier League standards) £44m release clause, with Antonio Conte viewing the Gremio starlet as a potential successor to Cesc Fabregas.
Ings could be hot property in January
Life since a big move from Burnley to Anfield has not gone according to plan for Danny Ings. A pair of brutal and untimely injuries have wrecked what was once a promising future, but the Guardian says the “one-time England striker aims to revive his career” and that Crystal Palace or West Ham could be the clubs to make a loan move for him in January.
Ings has played only 17 minutes for Liverpool’s first team this season, and despite Jurgen Klopp’s acknowledging that the 25-year-old is perfectly fit, the German boss also is realistic about the fact that the 38-goal scorer at Burnley is buried behind a plethora of talented strikers and could benefit from a winter move.
However, the Croydon Advertiser contradicts the Guardian, quoting Palace boss Roy Hodgson as saying: “We haven’t talked about Danny Ings coming here on loan with anybody.” Those words could bolster the hopes of David Moyes and West Ham if, indeed, they were to be the prime suitors for Ings.
– The Daily Mail says a recurrence of a leg injury for Schalke’s Leon Goretzka has caused Manchester United to back off a mooted January move for the Germany international.
– Germany international striker Sandro Wagner is closing in on a return to his boyhood club Bayern Munich, according to Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann.
– Midfielder Juan David Cabezas will remain with the Houston Dynamo after the club secured his full transfer from Deportivo Cali on Thursday, the team has announced.